Gobi

Gobi

Sunday, February 19, 2006

4 days to go until Libyan Challenge !

Today was off from training which is good because I am sleepy !
Still getting gear together. Everything together so far weighs in at under 8 pounds. Not bad considering I have 8000 calories plus sleeping bag, mandatory gear and clothing, medical kit, etc.
Have to glue my shoes together to keep the sand out. I have a system that works really well- I used it in Sahara Race and Trans 333. Once I figure out how to get photos up here I will post it so you can see. I am using the same pack and configuration of gear I used in the Sahara Race- but each race I learn how to make stuff lighter- which is good because I'm really not that large framed!
Training fro me for this one has included some really, really long runs in cold Canada winter conditions. Great heat training !
Most notable run was a 50 km long run in Newfoundland a few weeks ago. My fiancee lives in Harbour Grace and she gave me a route to run along the ocean. Insanely hilly, freezing rain and a full pack- loads of fun !
Trying to keep up the good nutrition and doing lots of altitude training as well. I'll talk more about that tomorrow.
After I run !
www.ecofitadventures.com

No comments: